buffer overflow, using greek characters, AGAIN!

From: MegaHz (costconat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 22:40:16 PDT

    One year ago I discovered a buffer overflow in the address bar of IE 5.0 using
    greek characters, look at:
    http://www.cyhackportal.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=81

    Today I discover this:
    http://www.bestbuy.com.cy/cgi-bin/buy.storefront/<<<áx1388>>>/Product/View/CMPL_00_GDXbox

    (do not use: <<<,>>>)
    and yes, Internet explorer, exited by itself. Very strange. I don't know why,
    pls try that
    I uploaded here a sample html,
    http://megahz.cyhackportal.com/hey.html

    I test it out on 3 pcs I have at my work, but there was only one that seemed
    to have the bug, and resolve on closing the IE.

    maybe is bestbuy's problem, and the software they use,
    the original url was:
    http://www.bestbuy.com.cy/cgi-bin/buy.storefront/3cbbef7d0794c70e27a4c30e950106f2/Product/View/CMPL_00_GDXbox

    maybe is storefronts problem...

    pls test it out, and let me know, if that happens to u too, I use XP with the
    ie6.0 (duh!)

    Thank you,

    /*
    * Andreas Constantinides (MegaHz)