RE: KPMG-2002015: Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator DoS

From: Andrew Kunz (kunzaat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 08:58:31 PDT

    After trying to locate sources or info to substantiate, including
    expressing my concerns to the author of the vulnerability and a reprint
    from another newsletter I received the following from Microsoft

    All these articles are miss-construing the problem and how it has been
    addressed.
    I looked into the problem identified and it is a bug that was fixed in
    Windows 2000 Service Pack1.

    Andrew