Re: QPopper 4.0.4 buffer overflow

From: J Mike Rollins (rollinsat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 06:43:53 PDT

    > Affected versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4. default install.
    > Servers, not processing user`s configuration file
    > (~/.qpopper-options) are insensible to this bug.

    Our testing has shown that you must use the -u parameter to be susceptible
    to this vulnerability.

    If you don't use the -u parameter for qpopper this file is not accessed.

    You can use the -d parameter to view the debug output to verify this.

    Mike

          UNIX Systems Administrator at Wake Forest University.
              J. Mike Rollins              rollinsat_private
         Wake Forest University     http://www.wfu.edu/~rollins
            Winston-Salem, NC            work: (336) 758-1938