RE: Reading local files in Netscape 6 and Mozilla (GM#001-NS)

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rmsat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 10:43:47 PDT

    Funny,

    so much rant about not receiving any contact from Netscape (AOL
    subsidiary) or about not even giving prior notification to the
    developers about the bug AND, all in all, no one even posts to a
    bugzilla entry on bugzilla.mozilla.org which is the best place for bug
    reports on Mozilla (ie, *not marketdroid webpages*).

    This is either ignorance of bugzilla (bad but I can understand that), or
    intention to difamate the mozilla developers, which is very bad, since a
    lot of them dedicate their free time on providing us an extremely
    standards compliant, Free Software, cross platform web browser, and so
    we actually owe them a favour (so to speak).

    If it is ignorance, I will, then, try to educate:
      1. load your favorite browser, and go to http://bugzilla.mozilla.org
      2. submit bug
      3. if very urgent, go to irc.mozilla.org, /join #mozillazine and
    SCREAM SECURITY BUG, can anyone urgently look at *URL*FOR*BUG*ID,
    please? I can help with details.

    In any other case than having first tryed to do that, this rant seems
    absolutely unecessary.

    Regards

    + So let's do it...?