Re: route of #phrack is a funny man!

From: George Staikos (staikosat_private)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 19:09:22 PDT

    On May 21, 2002 11:49, gobblesat_private wrote:

    > Vulnerable
    > **********
    >   KDE 1	- all platforms
    >   KDE 2	- all platforms
    >   KDE 3	- all platforms

    [...]

    > Problem
    > *******
    >
    > A formatstring vulnerability exist in many talkd implementations.

       A patch for this has been in KDE CVS since 5pm EDT 05/21/02.  Thanks to
    Waldo Bastian for the quick work.  It is patched in the KDE_2_2_BRANCH,
    KDE_3_0_BRANCH and HEAD branch.  There are other problems with this code and
    we recommend not using it.  In particular, users of older KDE versions should
    disable ktalkd entirely.

        The just-released KDE 3.0.1 does not contain this fix since we were
    unaware of it when we sent the source out to the packagers.