Cisco IDS Device Manager 3.1.1 Advisory

From: Andrew.Lopackiat_private
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 11:42:07 PDT

    On May 15th I discovered and reported a vulnerability to Cisco about their
    IDS Device Manager software.  On the 17th they issued this advisory to
    everyone that downloaded the software.  The vulnerability that I reported
    was the Cisco IDS Device Manager Arbitrary File Read Access Vulnerability.
    I provided the example URL of https://>/../../../../../etc/shadow to
    Cisco TAC and to you guys at SecurityFocus.  Cisco now has a fixed version
    for IDS Device Manager, now at version 3.1.2.  The url for the software is
    at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ids-appsens.  The name of the
    file is IDSk9-sp.3.1-2-S23.bin. Users that installed IDSk9-sp.3.1-1-S22.bin
    will need to uninstall this service pack by typing the command
    #IDSk9-sp.3.1-1-S22.bin -U before applying the new service pack.

    Andrew Lopacki
    Intrusion Analyst
    AmSouth Bank

    (See attached file: ids.txt.asc)