Re: Can anyone identify this backdoor?

From: David Jacoby (djat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 03:26:18 PDT

    Hi!

    Ive been checking the files you gave me, and is probally now a known backdoor. I think
    its a little nifty package some kiddie hacker compiled.

    The following files are:

    cc.zip 		= 	This is the backdoor, packed with RAR i think. This file will extrace the
    			following files into c:\RECYCLER\ and install the backdoor.

    hk.exe 		= 	NT exploit. This program will let you execute commands with the access as
    	 		the system. Its a spoofed LPC port request vulnerability. Read more here:
    	 		http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/bulletins/k-019.shtml.

    CMD.exe 	= 	Command Prompt.

    IISsrvs.exe 	= 	This is the Serv-U FTP daemon. It will read its configuration from the
    			localstart.cnf file. It will start the daemon on the port 1664. There are
    			one user added on the daemon and the login is "juliana" but i havent been
    			able to crack the password. The user got fille READ/WRITE/DELETE/EXECUTE
    			access to all the drives from C: D: E: :F G: H: . But somehow after a while
    			of checking this file the Serv-U daemon changed port to 43958

    IIS.dll		=	Dont know	(Probally some DLL used for starting the Serv-U via IIS services)
    			The IISsrvs.exe uses this file. The configuration script for the IISsrvs.exe contains
    			the following string: "SignOn = C:\recycler\iisl.dll"

    IISL.dll	=	Dont know	(Probally some DLL used for starting the Serv-U via IIS services)

    JAsfv.dll	=	DLL used for the SFV checker.

    JAsfv.exe	=	A SFV checker.

    JAsfv.ini	=	Configurations script for the SFVcehcker

    localstart.cnf	=	Configuration file for IISsrvs.exe.

    nc.exe		= 	NetCat, a file piping utility, You can bind programs to ports and alot more.
    			this is the real backdoor i think. I think this will bind cmd.exe to a specifik
    			port some how. But i made a portscan and just found the port 1664 open.

    networketer.dll	=	Dont Know

    PSkill.exe	=	This program will let the attacker/hacker/cracker to kill
    			processes running on the victim computer. Both local and remote.

    ServuStartUpLog.txt	This is a log file from the IISsrvs.exe. It will get the IP of
    			the machine, and tell the hacker/cracker/attacker that the service
    			is up and running.

    Tlist.exe	=	This program will let the attacker/hacker/cracker to list processes
    			running on the victim computer from a command prompt.

    I hope this information will help you.

    Best regards

    David Jacoby
    Chief Hacker