Re: Domain password logon authentication bug in Windows 2000 Advanced Server Domain Controller

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 06:18:32 PDT

    Dear Ron Ray,

    There  is  no  bug.  "Send  NTLM response only" refers to client, not to
    server.  "Send  NTLM  response only" means that client computer will not
    send  LM hashed response on server's challenge to server computer. "Send
    NTLM  response  only" sets your compatibility level to 2. To disallow LM
    logon on Domain Controller you need LMCompatibilityLevel 4.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\LSA

    Value: LMCompatibilityLevel
       Value Type: REG_DWORD - Number
       Valid Range: 0-5
       Default: 0
       used.

       Level 0 - Send LM response and NTLM response; never use NTLMv2 session
                 security
       Level 1 - Use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated
       Level 2 - Send NTLM authenication only
       Level 3 - Send NTLMv2 authentication  only
       Level 4 - DC refuses LM authentication
       Level 5 - DC refuses LM and NTLM authenication (accepts only NTLMv2)

    See  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q239869 for
    more information

    --
    ~/ZARAZA
    Ну а в целом, Уильям, здешний климат - ежели только