Re: AIM forced behavior "issue" Re:ICQ and MSIE allow execution of arbitrary code

From: rwertenbat_private
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 08:37:51 PDT

    FYI: This vulnerability affects older versions of AIM on
    the Macintosh as well.  I am running 4.3.1232 and the
    test (http://www.mindflip.org/aimrefresh/) was able to
    add buddies when I was logged in.

    When I logged out and retested I received an error
    message stating the process required me to log in and
    that if I stored my password this could happen
    automatically in the future.

    Yet another reason not to have applications remember
    passwords.