Re: Apple OSX and iDisk and Mail.app

From: osx_guru (osx_guruat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 14:36:19 PDT

    mac.com supports SSL which can be enabled through the
    Preferences->accounts->your account-> edit button->account options
    tab-> check box for "Use SSL"

    I think that addresses your concern. Though you are correct in that
    by default this password is transmitted in the clear, though most
    consumer email clients do not have SSL or similar turned on by
    default due to uncertainty about various mail server compliance.

    jon