Hoax Exploit

From: John Korsak (jkorsakat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 08:39:55 PDT

    Hello,

    In message 284465 there is an "exploit" of IMail Server from Ipswitch
    listed.

    http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/284465

    We have been unable to duplicate the problem and the code attached to the
    above message is unknown in nature.  We suspect that the "patch" released in
    the message is actually designed to open a vulnerability.  At this time we
    are advising our users that this advisory is a hoax and to not apply the
    patch.  I would like to request that the message be removed to prevent
    further confusion.  Thank you.

    John Korsak
    Product Marketing Manager, IMail Server
    (781) 676-5789