Re: EEYE: Macromedia Shockwave Flash Malformed Header Overflow

From: Scott Lampert (scottat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 12:44:38 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 05:26:20PM -0700, Marc Maiffret wrote:
    > Vendor Status:
    > Macromedia has released a patch for this vulnerability, available at:
    > http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handlers/index.cfm?ID=23293&Method=Full&Title=M
    > PSB02%2D09%20%2D%20Macromedia%20Flash%20Malformed%20Header%20Vulnerability%2
    > 0Issue&Cache=False
    >
    > Discovery: Drew Copley
    > Exploitation: Riley Hassell

    As far as I can see there is no update to the UNIX versions.  The files
    are all dated March 25.  The bulletin describes version 6 of the Flash
    player as the fix, however that doesn't seem to be available for
    anything other than Windows and Mac.  Am I missing something?
        -Scott

    --
    Scott Lampert
    <scottat_private>