RE: EEYE: Macromedia Shockwave Flash Malformed Header Overflow

From: Richard M. Smith (rmsat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 15:16:33 PDT

    Is there anyway to turn off the Flash ActiveX control for Windows?  I've
    tried removing it from my system and Web sites just keep downloading it
    again.  If I turn off ActiveX completely, then Internet Explorer is
    constantly warning me that Web pages that use Flash-based banner ads
    will not be displayed properly.

    All I want to do is a surf the Web with a little less motion on the
    screen.  I've already turned off animated GIFs which partially solves
    the problem.

    The ability to turn Flash is also important given the recent spate of
    Flash security holes.

    Richard M. Smith
    http://www.ComputerBytesMan.com