Re: "August 2002 Cumulative Update For Internet Explorer (Q323759)" & IE6 SP1

From: Dave English (listsubat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 03:49:35 PDT

    In message <OE4343aLttOQpIvOBVt00010a47at_private>, Carl R Diliberto
    <cdilibertoat_private> writes
    >Did anyone else see "August 2002 Cumulative Update For Internet Explorer
    >(Q323759)"  appear on the MS Website at
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/default.asp and then
    >disappear too?

    Nice one!

    Google saw it:

    <URL:http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:vAivTSuduOcC:www.microsoft.com/
    windows/ie/downloads/critical/default.asp+Q323759&hl=en&ie=UTF-8>

    = August 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (Q323759)
    =
    =August 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (Q323759)
    =eliminates all previously addressed security vulnerabilities affecting
    =Internet Explorer, well as additional newly discovered vulnerabilities.
    This
    =update includes the functionality of all previously released patches.
    =Download now to continue keeping your computer secure.
    =
    = May 2002: Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (Q321232)
    =
    =This update eliminates all previously addressed security
    vulnerabilities, =as well as any newly discovered vulnerabilities
    affecting Internet Explorer. =Download now to protect your computer from
    these vulnerabilities.

    But:

    <URL:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/q323759ie/def
    ault.asp>

    gives a 404.

    MS Search reveals:

    =Search Results
    =
    =------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------
    =for "Q323759" using All words
    =------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------
    =
    =1 to 2 of 2 results
    =
    =1.     Maintain Security with Windows XP
    =
    = http:// www.microsoft.com / WindowsXP / security / default.asp
    =
    =secure.
    =
    = Category =  Product Information: windowsxp

    >I also got emails regarding Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 becoming available but
    >can find no information on this?

    I suppose it is not that unusual to have race conditions between your
    releases & your patches ;-)
    --
    Dave English,
    Client Software Development, Thus PLC,