RE: Exploiting the Google toolbar (GM#001-MC)

From: GreyMagic Software (securityat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 16:20:40 PDT

    It has been brought to our attention that the first problem we disclosed in
    our Google advisory ("Tap [eavesdrop] to key presses in the toolbar's search
    box") also affects the following toolbars:

    Alexa v6.5.11775 from
    http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/quicktour.html?p=TBMenu_W_t_40_L1

    Ask Jeeves dated 18-Jul-2002 from
    http://sp.ask.com/docs/toolbar/helpindex.html

    We would like to thank John Davis for letting us know of these problems.

    You can read about the vulnerability in detail at
    http://sec.greymagic.com/adv/gm001-mc/ and you can also test the toolbars
    above (or any other toolbar) using the first demonstration in that URL.