bugtraqat_private list issues [2]

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 05:50:25 PDT

    Dear bugtraqat_private,

      There  are  few  issues  reported  to bugtraqat_private list in
      Russian during last months.

      This issues have no relation to SECURITY.NNOV team.
      Please contact authors directly if you have any questions.

    1.  Eraser  <er4s3r at mail.ru> reports vulnerabilities in Aquonics File
    Manager (directory traversal, privelege escalation)

    There are 2 bugs:

    1.1 Directory traversal in source.php

    www.vulnerable.url/filemanager/source.php?../../../../etc/passwd

    shows /etc/passwd content

    1.2 Privelege escalation

    User  with  privilege  to  edit  files  can  change  userlist.cgi  file.
    userlist.cgi  contains  MD5 hashes of password. It makes it possible for
    user without admin privileges to manipulate users accounts.

    Tested on www.aquonics.com Aquonics File Manager 1.5

    2.  L0rda  //  BlackSun <gl at rhhz.ru> reports authentication bypass in
    PalmOS 4.x

    If  "Auto  lock  handheld  on  power off" user can bypass authentication
    after reboot.

    Tested on
    PalmOS 4.0 (Sony clie 320)
    PalmOS 4.1 (Palm m130)

    3.  XYZ  <xyz_miem  at  mail.ru> reports weakness in Windows 2000 Server
    terminal services.

    If  terminal  services  client  window  is minimized console will not be
    locked with screensaver.

    Tested on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

    4.  SereGa  <sergio1902 at mail.ru> reports password recovery problem in
    AccessDenied screensaver.

    Password hash is stored in OLD field of %SYSTEMROOT%\access.ini. Hashing
    algorithm  is  xoring  password byte-by-byte with pseudo-random sequence
    with  feedback, with 8 bit PRG state. Because PRG state is too short and
    initial state is known it's easy to bruteforce password byte-by-byte.

    Tested software: www.uinc.ru AccessDenied ScreenSaver v1.3

    --
    http://www.security.nnov.ru
             /\_/\
                        |/
    You know my name - look up my number (The Beatles)