[Full-Disclosure] More OmniHTTPd Problems

From: Matthew Murphy (mattmurphyat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 09:50:11 PDT

    I've discovered another vulnerability in one of the OmniHTTPd sample apps.
    This time, the culprit is "/cgi-bin/redir.exe".  This app is vulnerable to a
    newline injection issue.  The vulnerability occurs because the "URL" query
    parameter (case sensitive) is decoded and placed directly into the response
    as the "Location" header.  If an attacker places urlencoded newlines
    ("%0D%0A") into the parameter, the headers following the "Location" header,
    as well as the resultant entity, can be controlled.

    I had a tough time exploiting this vulnerability to add headers, because
    OmniHTTPd would not add my header. :-(  However, I was able to exploit this
    vulnerability to produce the following output:

    [Begin Server Response]
    HTTP/1.0 302 Redirection