Re: Yet another SMB dos concept code

From: Kevin Gennuso (gooseyat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:39:24 PDT

    > I've tryed it against some Windows 2000/NT 4.0 machine and i noticed
    > that disabling NetBIOS Null Session will keep you safe from this DOS.

    Don't be fooled - disabling null sessions will only prevent
    non-authenticated users from being able to execute the attack.  Users with
    accounts on the box (or the domain, depending on your situation) will
    still be able to play bouncy-bouncy with the machine.

    Read the Microsoft article (MS02-045) - it details all of this info.

    Also note that this exploit works on unpatched XP and .NET servers as
    well.

    Kevin