Happy Labor Day from Snosoft

From: KF (dotslashat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 09:29:40 PDT

    For your reading pleasure I have attached some of the communication
    between myself and CERT regarding the issues recently released at:
    ftp://ftp1.support.compaq.com/public/unix/v5.1/T64V51B19-C0136901-15143-ES-20020817.txt

    We are in the process of making our formal advisories out of these
    "potential" issues. Once that process is done we will release the
    exploits we have been holding for several months. At that point will
    also be putting out a white paper explaining the 3 methods used to
    bypass the non-exec stack. Please note the 45 day CERT grace period has
    expired as well as an addtional complementary 8 day extension that
    Compaq requested.

    -KF

    P.S. cert-issues-071202.txt is probably the file you wanna read.