Re: Multiple vulnerabilities in Avaya Argent Office

From: Russell Garrett (rgat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 13:13:23 PDT

    With regards to the original e-mail to this list (mirrored at the URL
    http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5SP012055O.html), this reply was
    sent to the independent NA-Resellers Avaya Alchemy/IP Office list:

    Nat. R. Jacks purports to be from Avaya/Network Alchemy. Obviously these
    issues range from annoying to just plain wrong depending on your setup. The
    IP Office/Alchemy must be connected to the company network for PC-based call
    handling to work. The unit is also easily crashable from the local LAN using
    numerous bad packets on the ports used by the User and Administrative
    applications, although I've lost records of those, it's fairly easy to find
    them by sending packets to those ports.

    Russ Garrett                                             russat_private
                                                      http://russ.garrett.co.uk.