OpenSSL worm in the wild

From: Ben Laurie (benat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 10:16:33 PDT

    I have now seen a worm for the OpenSSL problems I reported a few weeks
    back in the wild. Anyone who has not patched/upgraded to 0.9.6e+ should
    be _seriously worried_.

    It appears to be exclusively targeted at Linux systems, but I wouldn't
    count on variants for other systems not existing.

    Cheers,

    Ben.