Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: MS-02-052

From: Steve (steveat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 08:19:59 PDT

    On Thursday 19 September 2002 06:20 pm, Jouko Pynnonen wrote:
    >On 19 Sep 2002 dev-null@no-id.com wrote:
    >> Does anybody else find it disturbing that today's JVM patch can only
    >> be installed through Windows Update, and the Windows Update site now
    >
    >What's perhaps more disturbing is that most of the reported JVM
    >vulnerabilities weren't fixed yet and an Applet can still execute
    >arbitrary code by exploiting the remaining ones. So even with the
    > patch, enabling MS's Java for IE and the Internet Zone isn't a good
    > idea right now.

    Well of course it is not working.

    You seriously think that microsloft is EVER going to make Java work
    properly?!? They don't want it too. They prefer that it creates
    problems in hope that people stop using it.

    People in general don't care who's responsible for the problems. If it
    does not work the will stop using it, and they know it.

    The Java lawsuit microsloft lost you say. So? Show me a lawsuit that
    ever stopped them for more than it takes to leave the judge and make it
    back to the office... It's part of their strategy, just pay off the
    penalties and get on with it. Surely you saw bill lie straight faced to
    the judge on the states vs ms! It's a silly notion to expect anything
    else. I've banned windows in our server room. Removed IE, Outlook,
    Media Player etc. I'm even blocking browsing IIS servers, as most of
    our www needs are very limited.

    I also never lend my car or money to druggies.
    --

    Steve Szmidt
    V.P. Information Technology