Now Online: OWASP Guide to Building Secure Web Applications v1.1

From: David Endler (dendlerat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 13:48:58 PDT

    We are pleased to announce an updated version of the Open
    Web Application Security Project Guide to Building Secure
    Web Applications in both PDF (983K) and HTML at:

    http://www.owasp.org/guide/

    The Guide covers various web application security
    topics from architecture to preventing attack
    specifics like cross site scripting, cookie
    poisoning and SQL injection.  The document is
    released under the GNU documentation license and is
    a community volunteer effort.

    We would like to thank the numerous individuals who
    have emailed us with feedback and suggestions since
    the Guide's original posting in June.

    We would particularly like to acknowledge the hard
    work of Alex Russell who put long hours in updating
    the content and cleaning up this current draft.
    Special thanks to Gene McKenna, Michael Hill, and
    Christopher Todd for their considerable contribution
    to this draft.  Of course, we are also grateful to
    the orginal authors who are listed on the cover.

    This document is an evolving beast, and as such we are
    always looking for feedback and volunteers. Of interest
    to us is adding new content regarding language specific
    implementation guidelines, web services, and other
    areas that would prove useful to web app developers and
    vendors.

    If you like the work, want to contribute or have
    suggestions for improvements, please drop us an email.
    dendlerat_private

    The Open Web Application Security Project

    http://www.owasp.org