PHPNUKE 6 XSS Vulnerabilities

From: Mark Grimes (markat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 11:37:06 PDT

    http://www.phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Search

    Enter: ><script>alert(document.cookie);</script>
    in form, click Search.

    Needless to say these bugs won't go away.

    The vendor WOULD HAVE been contacted if they just gave an email address
    without having to subscribe to nukesupport/phpnuke - maybe I don't use it.

    Likewise the author of PHP-NUKE has a submission form for bug reporting
    (buried in a FAQ for unsubscribed people -- why do I need to dig for a
    contact address?), but that also has a XSS vulnerability - *SIGH*
    Nor HTML nor plain text will do through the submission form without the
    javascript being executed or stripped.  Instead of implying &gt's and
    &lt's in an email, I am posting here.

    --
    Mark Grimes <markat_private>
    Stateful Labs