Re: Xoops RC3 script injection vulnerability

From: Sergio (w4z002at_private)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 05:51:08 PDT

    >| Xoops RC3 script injection vulnerability |
    >

    >PROGRAM: Xoops
    >VENDOR: http://www.xoops.org/
    >VULNERABLE VERSIONS: RC3.0.4,possibly previous versions
    >IMMUNE VERSIONS: no immune current versions
    >SEVERITY: high

    This Is not correct
    inmune versions : no inmune ??

    Xoops settings :  admin > system admin > preferences > html OFF  (for what
    do you think that exist this ??)

    This is not a HOLE in xoops.
    You are used a bad setting in you site.
    The next Rc of Xoops have disable totaly the html post for the users only
    accept bbcode.

    >Vendor status
    >=============
    >I wanted to inform someone from Xoops.org but the website wasn't
    available, so I informed the French team. They weren't aware of this
    problem so they transmitted it to the Dev Team. The Dev Team had already
    located the vulnerability which is not specific to Xoops but with much of
    scripts.
    >In future version, a new filter will be inserted in the textsanitizer to
    avoid even more this risk.

    Nopes we can't add all new vulnerability to the textsanitizer, the
    solution is more simple, disable totaly the html post for the users.
    If you add each little vulnerability to the testsanitizer the file go to
    have 1 mb :-)

    w4z004
    Xoops Spanish Support
    Xoops dev Team