RE: CommonName Toolbar potentially exposes LAN web addresses

From: Eric Stevens (mightyeat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 08:18:43 PDT

    In fact, I noticed the "Resolve Local Intranet Names" option, altering its
    setting had no noticeable effect on behavior.

    Further, I ran the uninstaller with all other applications closed, and
    although the options for CommonName were removed from within Internet
    Explorer, local addresses were still being routed to the CommonName website.
    Rebooting the machine and attempting to delete the CommonName folder in
    Program Files before opening any applications, I was denied the ability as
    the Babe DLL was already in use, thus the reason I used ACL's to deny access
    to that folder.