Re: Kondara MNU/Linux

From: Shin SHIRAHATA (shinat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 22:29:48 PDT

    Hi.

    On June 28th, DigitalFactory has alienate part of linux
    business. And now, SP, Inc. is selling Kondara MNU/Linux.

    Press release from DigitalFactory (Japanese Language Only):
    http://www.digitalfactory.co.jp/news/press/020628.html

    After that, Kondara Project, which is development project of
    Kondara MNU/Linux was winding up. and Kodara.org's server has
    been shutdown on July 15th.

    P.S.
    Some people of Kondara Project were launched new project called
    Momonga Linux. This project has no relationship with Kondara.
    Momonga Linux is still in underdevelopment,
    For mode details, please visit http://www.momonga-linux.org/

    > Kondara MNU/Linux's primary web/ftp sites have been down for over a month
    > now. Can anyone confirm that the company is still in operation, I have had
    > no luck in contacting them. They still appear to sell several of their
    > products via DigitalFactory, but they do not appear to be supported any
    > longer (i.e. no security updates in a month+).

    ---
    Shin SHIRAHATA <trueat_private>
    KEIO University / WIDE Project