ArGoSoft Web-Mail security problem

From: Z0rbaS (zorbasat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 20:05:14 PDT

    ArGoSoft Web-Mail security problem.

    A vulnerability affects ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro for WinNT/2000/XP
    (Version 1.8.1.9)
    I did not test other versions, this is the only I have, but others should be
    vulnerable too. The problem is in the Web-Mail interface, it is posible to
    execute javascript by sending it inside a mail, ArGoSoft does not filter
    that, and you can steal the cookie from the user, the cookie has a problem
    too, it saves the username and the password in plain text, you have only to
    decode the cookie, and you have something like that:

    mail@domain:password

    I would desactivate de Web-Mail interface until a patch is released.

    Francisco Claude
    zorbasat_private

    P.S. Sorry for my bad english.