Long URL causes TelCondex SimpleWebServer to crash

From: Marc Ruef (marc.ruefat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 06:00:18 PDT

    Hi!

    I've found a vulnerability in TelCondex SimpleWebServer 2.06.20817 Build
    3128 (tested on Windows XP Professional). It could be that prior
    versions are also affected.

    It's possible to crash the web server application with a long URL
    (starting from 539 Chars)[1]. You'll see a popup message on the victims
    host.

    You have to restart the httpd service to get a running web server.

    I've informed supportat_private on 02/10/12 about the bug. After a
    really friendly response[2] the new version 2.09 without the bug is
    available at http://www.yourinfosystem.de/download.htm

    Bye, Marc

    [1] e.g. http://192.168.0.2/AAA[...]AAA

    [2] We discussed the bug and it seems that the problem is in the 32 bit
    command control for showing the URLs. In other words, every operating
    system reacts in another way.

    --
    Computer, Technik und Security
    http://www.computec.ch