Solution: Kill a Unisys Clearpath with nmap port scan

From: Michael.Kainat_private
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 13:40:51 PDT

    We've determined that the dynamic initialization feature of the ClearPath
    MCP environment is contributing to the high processor utilization and
    excessive log entries.  To solve this, the customer can either disable the
    dynamic initialization feature for those ports which are not in use on the
    system or place a third-party product (like SYNDefender) in front of the
    ClearPath.  For complete details on how to inquire what ports are open on
    the ClearPath MCP and to disable dynamic initialization on those ports,
    please refer to the FAQ on the Unisys Product Support website:

    http://www.support.unisys.com/ALL/PLE/WEB-VIEW-DOC?
    PLATFORM=AS&NAVIGATION=AS&CHOSEN-DOCUMENT=FAQ&ID=10023971&OPTION=DEFAULT

    If there are any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.

    Mike Kain