RE: Vulnerable cached objects in IE (9 advisories in 1)

From: Thor Larholm (Thorat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 02:13:57 PDT

    > From: jelmer [mailto:jkuperusat_private]
    > The external method flaw also seems to affects my ie6 sp1 browser

    I can confirm this as well, together with the clipboardData method flaw.

    It's a surprise that Microsoft didn't fix this globally in SP1, instead of
    applying checks to each individual method and object. At first, I assumed
    they had made a generic fix, but with this in the open it is clear that they
    only patched specifics and that there will be many more vulnerabilities in
    the method/object caching category.

    Regards
    Thor Larholm