XSS vulnerability in Mojo Mail Sign-Up Form

From: Daniel Boland (Electrophreakat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 05:57:02 PDT

    Heya, this is my first post here so go easy on me plz. I posted about this
    on the Mojo Bug Tracker ages ago and it's just been ignored, and besides,
    Im losing faith in reporting to the vendor, PHP Arena took the credit for
    an XSS bug I found in their paFileDB. But anyway, Mojo Mail doesn't filter
    sign-up requests, here's an example on Mojo's site:

    http://mojo.skazat.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?flavor=subscribe&email=%
    3Cscript%3Ealert%28%22XSS%20Vuln.%22%29%3C%2Fscript%
    3E&list=skazat_design_newsletter&submit=Submit

    I don't know if I'm supposed to say more but it's just XSS, I think that's
    it?
    ~ElectroPhreak