RES: A technique to mitigate cookie-stealing XSS attacks

From: AQBARROSat_private
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 05:09:33 PST

    It is a very interesting idea, but it would take some years to start to take
    effect, as non-compatible browsers would still be on the market for a few
    years; Can't we find a solution that works on current browsers?

    Initially, I thought about encrypting cookie content with a server based
    key. But this key should have some browser-derived component, something that
    changes from one browser/computer to another; IP is not practical, as the
    client can be behind a cluster of proxies. Is there something that the
    browser shows only to the server and not for the client-side scripts?

    Let´s se if we can improve this idea,

    Augusto.