[Full-Disclosure] Re: XSS in Postnuke Rogue release (0.72)

From: Rick Updegrove (dislistsat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 23:17:55 PST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka" <mfrdat_private>
    To: <bugtraqat_private>; <full-disclosureat_private>;
    <vulnwatchat_private>
    Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 10:49 PM
    Subject: XSS in Postnuke Rogue release (0.72)

    > On postnuke’s own website this issue is handled very
    > effectively by bouncing the user back to the  > “./index.php”
    > without giving any errors, thus reducing the chances of webroot
    > disclosure too. I hope such functionality be added to the
    > downloadable version of postnuke’s latest
    > build too for the benefit of the users.

    http://developers.postnuke.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=in
    dex&req=viewdownload&cid=1

    This patch also emails the site admin with an impressive "possible hack
    attempt" notice.  I installed the 2 files and my site is no longer
    vulnerable.

    Rick Up

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html