MS02-064 fix time

From: David Litchfield (davidat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 05:41:53 PST

    MS02-064 discusses a vulnerability where clicking on start->run can lead to
    an unsuspecting user running another (malicious) user's trojan.

    I warned MS of this back in on September 6th 1999 whilst 2k was still in
    BETA (See the bottom of the following mail)
    http://security-archive.merton.ox.ac.uk/bugtraq-199909/0145.html

    I wonder if this is the longest time it has taken for a "fix" to be made
    public after disclosure?

    David Litchfield