Re: LOM: Multiple vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash ActiveX

From: Troy Evans (tevansat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 10:38:18 PST

    Status on the below posting regarding:

    1. zlib 1.1.3 double free() bug
    2. Buffer overflow in SWRemote parameter for flash object.

    1. zlib 1.1.4 double free() bug
    =====================
    Flash Player 6 was released with the fix for the double free() bug back in
    March 2002, the player ships with the latest version 1.1.4.

    We have not found any exploit of this to date, since we ship with the
    latest version

    2. SW Remote parameter tag
    =====================
    We investigated this issue and worked with LOM <lom at lom.spb.ru> to try
    and reproduce this buffer overflow.  In all of our testing we could NOT
    reproduce a buffer overflow, but there is indeed a crash bug which we have
    a fix for in our public beta at
    <http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/special/beta/>

    In all of these cases we worked directly with the reporter and resolved
    these issues, to be either an issue or a non issue.

    Macromedia is committed to security, we take security very seriously.

    Regards
    Troy Evans
    Flash Player Product Manager