SECURITY.NNOV: more Ikonboard 3.1.1 crossite scriptings

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 05:49:43 PST

    Ikonboard 3.1.1

      There are few ways to insert HTML tags into board content.

      1. Via Photo URL.

      In profile user can set URL of photo. It's possible to insert URL like

      javascript:alert(document.cookie)

      Javascript will be triggered if someone accesses user's profile.

      2. Via X-Forwarded-For: header.

      User's  IPs  are  available  for admin. If user accesses Ikonboard via
      Proxy,  X-Forwarded-For:  header  is shown instead of proxy IP without
      filtering. Length is limited to 16 characters, but it's still possible
      do something interesting with 2 requests <script>/* and */<script>.

    Vendor was contacted November, 29 with no reply.

    --
    http://www.security.nnov.ru
             /\_/\
                        |/
    You know my name - look up my number (The Beatles)