Re: Potential disclosure of sensitive information in Netscape 7.0 email client

From: Markus Gaugusch (markusat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 10:37:27 PST

    On Jan 2, Blud Clot <bludclotat_private> wrote:
    > I noticed this a while ago with netscape 4.x and those versions are
    > still vulnerable as well. I've never checked 6.x.

    I don't think this is a real vulnerability. The function says "delete" and
    not "destroy". We all know, that data can be recovered after deletion.
    The docs should be updated a little bit, but people who rely on the delete
    features of their email client for security reasons can't be taken
    seriously.

    Markus Gaugusch
    --
    Markus Gaugusch       \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign