Re: Local/remote mpg123 exploit

From: Gabucino (gabucinoat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 10:06:51 PST

    > mplayer (www.mplayerhq.org)
    Gobbles must have been so busy coding a "robust exploit" for our
    software that they forgot the URL of our site: http://www.mplayerhq.hu

    > 1) If you participate in illegal file-sharing networks, your
    > computer now belongs to the RIAA.
    Although I like smiling over funny emails, we'd be more pleased if
    a real vulnerability would be disclosed in our code - we don't do
    security audits, nor do we have interest and time for it.

    On to the topic, as far as I know we are NOT vulnerable to this
    particular exploit. Our "mp3lib" was indeed forked from certain parts
    of mpg123 years ago, but since then the code was optimized so much,
    I highly doubt it resembles the current mpg123 codebase at all.

    --
    Gabucino
    MPlayer Core Team