FTP delete file problem

From: K B (krbrooks1_1999at_private)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 08:02:15 PST

    I've seen this problem with NCFTP 2.7.1 on Solaris 8, and I wondering if
    anyone knew of a fix for this or could tell me if I'm just missing
    somethinhg obvious.

    Here's what I tested with ncftp.
    I have 2 virtual users, userA and userB. UserA puts a file, then when
    userB ftp's to that location userB can delete the file that userA put, but
    cannot overwrite the file userA put (put a file with the same name). I
    have been able to replicate this problem with Unix users. Unix user "foo"
    puts a file and Unix user "test" cannot overwrite it but can delete it.

    Here are the file permissions
    ls -l ftp/pub
    -rw-r--r--   1 foo     staff      16184 Jan 17 07:42 test3.txt
    -rw-r--r--   1 userA      ftpusers   35252 Jan 16 16:22 test.txt
    -rw-r--r--   1 userB      ftpusers   35252 Jan 16 16:17 test2.txt

    We have been able to do the same thing with unix users under ProFTP.
    Thanks for your help.