Test program for CVS double-free.

From: Joe Testa (Joe_Testaat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 07:52:41 PST

    Greetings--

        Attached to this e-mail you'll find a Java program which probes a
    CVS pserver for the recent double-free() vulnerability.
        I've tested it on a Linux architecture only; it would be much
    appreciated if people would mail me back with its performance results
    against *BSD, AIX, etc...

        Here is how this tool works:

    [jdog@wonderland jdog]$ java CVSProber 192.168.1.5 jdog chad0wnzme /cvs
    Connecting...connected.
    Server responded with 'ok', which means that it is not vulnerable.
    Probe completed.
    [jdog@wonderland jdog]$ java CVSProber 192.168.1.7 anonymous /cvs
    Connecting...connected.
    Server killed the connection and thus appears to be vulnerable!
    Probe completed.
    [jdog@wonderland jdog]$

        Word.

        - Joe Testa, Rapid 7, Inc.
        http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x02B00839
        A145 B158 2CA7 00A2 BAE8  4A18 57E5 18E0 02B0 0839

    (See attached file: CVSProber.tar.gz)(See attached file: CVSProber.tar.gz.sig)