RE: DoS attack on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

From: Diogo Fernandes (dfernandesat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 04:41:20 PST

    Hi, all

    > Tested on Windows 2000 Server (IE55, SP2) and Windows 2000 Server
    (IE55, SP3). I do not have easy access to other
    > platforms at the moment.

    Tested on Windows Xp Professional, w/o SP. The problem exists.

    > Workaround
    > - Remove all permissions from MSGINA.DLL for "Power Users", "Users"
    and
    >  "Everyone"

    We have a problem here. If you try to change permissions from
    MSGINA.DLL, you get a warning, talking about to change the parent
    permissions, too. As my experience is in Unices systems, what kind of
    problems can I have if I change the permissions of my WINNT folder ?

    Diogo Carlos Fernandes
    Technical Support Manager

    Real Media Latin America
    www.realmedia.com