Re: WinRAR buffer overflow vulnerability < (probleme)

From: Vergoz Michael (SYSDOOR) (mvergozat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 02:35:33 PST

    Hiya all,

    >   When WinRAR opens an archive which includes the "long file
    >   extension" in inside, buffer overflow occurs on the stack.
    >   This is a general exploitable Buffer Overflow.

    There is no buffer overflow in the file header or perhaps you/i have missed
    something in your paper.
    I was working on this vuln since 1 week with a friend...

    When we modified the header winrar said : "Invalid format" and that all.

    Well the question is perhaps i'v to make a valid header that can do the
    exeption. @#!:

    WinRAR is like word file, it used 2 things :
        - Lenght of file
        - A file print (we don't know how does it work.)

    Can you give more informations to us please ?

    rgds
    des.

    Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 3:42 PM
    Subject: WinRAR buffer overflow vulnerability