Self-Executing HTML: Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0 Part II

From: http-equivat_private
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 13:44:46 PST

    Tuesday, February 25, 2003

    We are delighted to learn that the original self-executing html file,
    from June 1 2002 is now fixed with the most current of the many
    patches for the Internet Explorer series of browsers. See:

    http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/275126

    Regrettably.

    The following file is an html file comprising both scripting and an
    executable [*.exe].

    We inject scripting and an executable into the html file which is
    designed to point back to the executable in the html file and execute
    it. Provided the html file is an html file, Internet Explorer 5.5 and
    6.0 will execute it.

    Because it is an html file proper, Internet Explorer opens it. The
    scripting inside is then parsed and fired. That scripting is pointing
    back to the same executable file with our original codebase object
    from the year 2000 and because it is a self-executing html file, it
    executes !

    Tested IE5.5 and IE6. Fully self-contained harmless *.exe:

    http://www.malware.com/html.exe.zip

    Be aware of html files out there.

    Key Words: Trust it's Worthy so Think it's Tank silly obvious

    --
    http://www.malware.com