Re: poc zlib sploit just for fun :)

From: Ralf S. Engelschall (rseat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:41:49 PST

    In article <200302241751.25591.kelledin+BTQat_private> you wrote:

    > [...]
    > Attached below is a patch RK and I whipped up yesterday, after I
    > caught wind of this problem sometime in the afternoon.
    > [...]

    Thanks for your efforts. We've reviewed your patch for inclusion into
    our OpenPKG "zlib" package and discovered that your configure checks are
    not quite correct. For instance, you're incorrectly putting a va_list
    variable into a snprintf call in one check, etc. Additionally we've
    stripped down in size the patch to gzio.c (you re-formatted existing
    code, etc). See http://cvs.openpkg.org/openpkg-src/zlib/zlib.patch for
    our derived version of your patch in case you're interested.

                                           Ralf S. Engelschall
                                           rseat_private
                                           www.engelschall.com