Re: axis2400 webcams

From: Sergio Gelato (Sergio.Gelatoat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 16:01:04 PST

    * Barry Zubel [2003-02-28 17:19:04 -0000]:
    > Tested the viewing of http://server/log/messages on Axis 2100 model, and it is
    > vulnerable.

    Sorry, can't reproduce it on a 2100 with firmware 2.33.1. It prompts me
    for authentication, and *only* the root username/password pair grant me
    access to /support/messages (not /log/messages as you wrote). Other
    less privileged username/password pairs (yes, I've enabled those) return
    a "password is incorrect" error.

    If you don't password-protect the root account you get of course what
    you deserve. And if you claim a product is vulnerable without specifying
    which software (here firmware) revision(s) you've tested, you don't
    sound terribly convincing.

    [Side note:
    For some strange reason the 2.33.1 "service release" of the firmware is
    not advertised on the www.axis.com firmware download pages; you may
    however find it by anonymous ftp in the sr/ subdirectory. See the
    message from product-securityat_private to BugTraq on 2002-12-20.]