BIND 9.2.2 Vulnerabilities?

From: John (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 11:04:20 PST

    The ISC website lists the following as of today:

    http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security.html

    "ISC has discovered or has been notified of several bugs which can result
    in vulnerabilities of varying levels of severity in BIND as distributed by
    ISC. Upgrading to BIND version 9.2.2 is strongly recommended. If you
    cannot upgrade, BIND 8.3.4, 8.2.7, and 4.9.11 are available."

    9.2.2 apparently was just released yesterday though I've seen no
    discussion about any specific vulnerabilities.

    The matrix at the bottom of the list shows two vulnerabilities, one with
    openssl, the other with libbind.

    Can anyone elaborate on what's happened here?  I susbscribe to the BIND
    mailing list and haven't heard anything about this issue.

    Thx