Re[2]: Siemens *35 and 45 series phones SMS Danial of Service

From: João Colaç (colacoat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 09:22:41 PST

    Hi Andreas,

    Tuesday, March 4, 2003, 12:33:10 AM, you wrote:

    AH> An S35 locks up *completly* when one attemps to read the message -
    AH> worse: you had to read the message (wich is not possible) before you
    AH> could delete it, there is no edit option in the message list.  Regarding
    AH> the S35 it really is a DoS.

    On the S35 you can access the Message Options menu for the message without
    reading it. Simply select the message on the incoming Message
    folder and press the Voice Memo button of the phone. Thus the phone
    will never read the SMS and you could safely delete it...

    I have tried this on my S35 and works.

    --
    João Colaço
    Alto do Moinho - Corroios