Re: Siemens *35 and 45 series phones SMS Danial of Service

From: Lukasz Wojcik (lookieat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 08:11:17 PST

    On 5 Mar 2003, Christian "cycloon" Gut wrote:

    > On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 02:06, subj subj wrote:
    >
    > >  There is a local and remote vulnerability and
    > >  Siemens *35 and *45 series phones.
    > >
    > >  A message of the form "%String", where String is on of the
    > >  languages from the phone language selection menu, will
    > >  completely disable *35 series phones and result
    > >  in a 2 minute read delay on *45 series phones. Note that
    > >  the first letter of language should be capitalized and
    > >  the quotation marks should be present in the message.
    >
    > i have to add the S55 to the list here.
    > I sent a message as described to my friend and then read it im my "Sent"
    > folder => 2 min delay. no chance to abort. so a real DoS.

    C55 is vulnerable as well, however it doesn't DoS - the phone hangs while
    reading SMS in ordinary way but at any time you may exit from "Please
    wait" screen by pressing "disconnect" key for a while.
    Only method to read the sms is to Edit it insted of View.

    SMS sent via www sms gateway _does_ "DoS".

    Regards,
    L.